On Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Central, the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP will present “Seyfarth Legal Forum and CLE: 2018 Highlights And a Look to 2019″.
About the Program
Why should you be interested in joining us? Because we will be providing our clients with a multidisciplinary overview of Legal Hot Button issues and Best Practices — featuring a panel of Seyfarth Chicago subject matter experts — with an eye toward preparing for the developments in the coming year.
The program will consist of an engaging 90 minute presentation with speakers from each of Seyfarth Chicago’s practice groups: Benefits, Corporate, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Real Estate, as well as an exciting presentation on the use of technology in law. This outstanding panel will address:
- Biometric Information Privacy Act: What a long, strange year it’s been (and there’s more on the way!)
- Legalize it: will Illinois go from medical to recreational marijuana and what would that mean to the real estate industry?
- Affordable Care Act Update & Enforcement Activities, 401(k) Student Loan Repayment Arrangements, Socially Responsible Investments, and HIPAA Privacy & Security Audits
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Current State of the Market and Post-Merger Integration Strategies
- The “Cloud”…is in a building?: Data Centers are the newest, and maybe most important, type of real estate
- Latest Developments in Pregnancy Accommodation (Illinois’ New Lactation Law and Nationwide Trends)
- Litigation Hot Topics for 2019, including: Developments in trade secret and non-compete law; New laws affecting threshold issues such as forum selection and choice of law; Frontloaded discovery in federal court: Mandatory Initial Discovery Pilot Programs; Best practices for protecting the attorney-client privilege for in-house counsel
- Welcome to the Future: It arrived yesterday – The intersection of Technology and Legal Services
- Bots, bits and bytes… Artificial Intelligence and its leading role in recent legal projects
But that’s not all! We will then offer 30 minute break-out sessions on hot topics warranting a deeper dive that Companies are facing when looking at their legal compliance needs. The break-out sessions will address Privacy/Data Security, Managing in the #metoo Environment and Blockchain/Cryptocurrency in business. You will be able to attend the session most relevant to your business needs.
To register for both the panel presentation and the break-out session of your choice, please click here.
Tracy Billows, Partner, Labor and Employment
Benjamin Conley, Partner, Employee Benefits
Erin Dougherty Foley, Partner, Labor and Employment
Sara Eber Fowler, Associate, Labor and Employment
Jason Priebe, Partner, eDiscovery and Information Governance
Michael Rechtin, Partner, Real Estate
Suzanne Saxman, Partner, Corporate
Ryan Tilot, Associate, eDiscovery and Information Governance
Jordan Vick, Partner, Litigation
Kevin Woolf, Director, Seyfarth Lean Consulting
If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Carlon at email@example.com and reference this event.
Seyfarth Shaw LLP is an approved provider of Illinois Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. This seminar is approved for 2.0 hours of CLE credit CA, IL, NY, NJ and TX. CLE Credit is pending for GA and VA. HR professionals: please note that the HR Certification Institute accepts CLE credit toward recertification.